Here is a favorite comfort food from long ago that is great today.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 lbs potatoes mashed with 2 Tbl sour cream and ½ cup cream
- 1 tbl olive oil
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 Tbl butter
- 2 Tbl all-purpose flour
- 1 cup broth of choice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat skillet over medium high heat.
- Add oil.
- Brown meat seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Drain some of the drippings but leave some for flavor
- Add chopped carrot and onion to meat and cook for 5 minutes
- In another skillet, cook butter and flour with broth and Worcestershire to make gravy
- Add gravy to meat and vegetables and add in peas
- Fill a small baking pan with the meat mixture topped with the mashed potatoes. Top with paprika.
- Broil until evenly browned.